vanPlestik has started a research project which we will continue to work on for one and a half year. During this project, we will develop a new model for converting plastic waste streams into valuable, circular products. We will do so in collaboration with the business sector.
We strive for a sustainable system in which the waste stream can be converted into products that contribute to a circular society via vanPlestik. As test cases, we research in collaboration with partner companies such as HEMA and Conscious Hotels, to find out which waste flows of plastic can be converted into new valuable products. Printing with various types of plastics is a complex technical challenge in which we are looking for new combinations between the printing technique and the properties of the plastic. The new products we produce from the residual flows of plastic can be used in the offices or stores of the companies we collaborate with.
- Develop a Circular model in which the waste stream can be converted into products that contribute to a circular society.
- Creating new cooperation models with companies, building up logistics and a infrastructure for this.
- Create showcases on how a company can contribute to the circular economy by converting their own waste into new useful products.
- Develop new printing techniques that allow types of plastics which are common in the plastic waste (PET / PE / PP).
- Inspire companies and consumers to participate in the circular economy.
Want to be a part of this?
In order to share our research and continue to learn from other companies, we organize three expert meet ups and three presentations. During every edition we discuss a specific problem / topic with experts from the field. The expert meet ups are organized in collaboration with our partners. Feel free to think along and share your knowledge.
This project is made possible by: Stichting Afvalfonds, Stichting DOEN, KIDV, RWS, Polymer Science Park and Gemeente Amsterdam.